Coloursonic Ltd is a Large Format print and installation company, operating from 40 Chippenham Mews, London. W9 2AW. This policy covers Coloursonic Ltd in its provision of digital print and installation. We recognise that our operations result in emissions to air and water, consumption of electricity, and the generation of waste. It is our aim to reduce the environmental impacts of our business and to operate in an environmentally responsible manner. This policy describes how we will achieve our ongoing aim of care for the environment and links into our ISO9001 Quality System.
This environmental policy applies to all of our operations including management, office services, printing, delivery and procurement. Michaela Chandler is responsible for ensuring that environmental considerations are integrated into the business and is responsible for training of staff, maintaining and monitoring progress of our staff and our company against the policy. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
Objectives and Targets 2020-2021
Ensure that we remain totally compliant with all environmental legislation.
1. Ensure that we remain totally compliant with all environmental legislation.
2. To minimize consumption of all raw materials used including water, fuel and energy and further
3. reducing solvent consumption from the current 5% to 1%.
4. To continue to minimize waste in production and packaging and to ensure that 100% of all of our waste is 0% landfill.
5. Reduce our consumption of petrol further by better management of refueling only with LPG and to change all vehicles to electric or LPG.
6. Regularly train staff how to use, store & dispose of solvent ink.
7. All new employees receive training in our policy and targets in their induction programme,. We will monitor and review with continual training.
8. Increase our consumption of sustainable paper stocks by continuing to encourage the use of FSC paper stocks and increase our use of recycled paper stocks from 2% to 5%, and to use duplex printing where possible.
9. Reduce the generation of general waste, aside from our commitment to recycling, to continue to generate as little waste as possible through smarter print layouts.
10. To develop systems to prevent/reduce any environmental pollution and alert the company to any accidental emissions or incidents and for responsible purchase, development, operation and maintenance of plant and associated processes.
11. To co-ordinate deliveries and sales calls to reduce transport costs and energy, and ensure drivers have completed Driver Awareness Training.
12. To reduce noise levels to lowest levels practicable for employees and members of public.
13. Inform all of our customers and suppliers about our environmental policy by Nov 2013 and, thereafter inform all customers and suppliers of our commitment to reducing our environmental impact – through our environmental policy and initiatives in ad hoc communications.
14. To ensure that all and every member of staff and sub-contractors understand and comply with this policy.
Monitoring and Auditing
Progress against these objectives will be monitored and developed through our monthly team meetings, and quarterly management review meetings. Recycled and FSC paper consumption will be monitored bi-annually through reporting from our paper suppliers and our own MIS system. An excel spreadsheet is completed noting utility usage. Results of our environmental efforts will be updated in this report annually.
We will publish this policy in reception areas and on our website. If you wish to obtain a copy or would like to discuss our progress against our objectives, please telephone 0207286 4766.
Our quality standards are second to none and we are certified to BSI 9001 Standard. Our Quality Standards Policy is continually reviewed and updated, ensuring a timely and efficient service. Our clients are testimony to our high standards and the reliable service. A copy of our Quality Policy is available on request. We are also aware of our ecological responsibilities and have recently invested in eco-friendly printers that can print onto virtually any recycled material.
Please contact us if you would like to see our Quality Policy